0121 744 4162
an introduction to sensory processing in the classroom
Delivered by HOSTA ~ This course will be run by Hazel Oak Specialist Teaching Alliance in association with Midlands Occupational Therapy.
An experienced children's occupational therapist and advanced practitioner in sensory integration therapy from Midlands Occupational Therapy will present an interactive workshop on sensory processing difficulties and the impact that these difficulties can have on the children we work with.
The session will include;
- An introduction to the senses, including what happens when things go wrong
- How to identify signs of Sensory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder and ASD
- What is your sensory profile?
- Experiential learning oppurtunities - how does it feel to have poor sensory processing?
- What can you do to help in the classroom
- How do we assess for Sensory Processing Difficulties
This workshop will give you an insight into Sensory Processing Disorder and give you practical stratergies to take away and help to identigy individuals within your setting with sensory processing difficulties.
Hazel Oak School, Hazeloak Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 2AZ
Teachers, NQTs, Classroom assistants, SENCOs, subject leaders,
staff working with mainstream and SEN pupils, senior leaders.
£300 per person, including lunch and refreshments.
Please register your interest ASAP.
We are a new specialist Teaching Alliance in the Solihull borough, consisting of 4 outstanding special schools and a mainstream primary school. We aim to provide a wide range of training and support opportunities for the local educational community, offering insight into inclusion an