0121 744 4162
Understanding and supporting children with communication and sensory needs
Understanding and supporting children with communication and sensory needs.
A day of activities designed to help you understand, recognise and support children with communication and sensory needs. This course will enable you to learn how to identify speech, language and communications needs (SLCN) and developmental steps.
Outcomes of this course:
- Understand and support children with sensory processing difficulties
- Understand that young people process information differently and have individual preferences
- To take away top tips for creating a ‘communication friendly’ environment
- Recognise symptoms of sensory processing difficulties
- Identify possible stressors/triggers & take away strategies to support this in the classroom
October 2018 TBC
9.00pm – 3.30pm
Hazel Oak School, Hazeloak Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 2AZ
Teachers, NQTs, Classroom assistants, SENCOs, subject leaders,
staff working with mainstream and SEN pupils, senior leaders.
£110 per person, including lunch & refreshments
Please register your interest ASAP.
We are a new specialist Teaching Alliance in the Solihull borough, consisting of 4 outstanding special schools and a mainstream primary school. We aim to provide a wide range